Information for Prospective Riders
Equi Star, Inc. provides therapeutic benefiting riding lessons for recreation and sport. The basic goal is to learn riding skills and have fun. There are many additional physical, emotional, and social benefits to riding, which our instructors use to help reach an individual's goals.
- The minimum age to participate in the program is 3 1/2 years old. While there is no upper limit, riders must have physician approval before going horseback riding in our setting.
- Clients currently under the care of a physical therapist are also evaluated by our consulting physical therapist. This enables them to confer with the rider's instructor on specific goals and precautions. In these cases, it is beneficial to include a completed physical therapy form with your registration paperwork.
- Potential riders must be atonic and drop-seizure free for 12 months. This restriction is in place for the safety of our horses, the rider, and our staff.
- You can sign up for as many or as few sessions as you wish.
- There is a 200 lb. weight limit, which is in place for the health and safety of our horses.
- The cost to ride once a week for six weeks, which we refer to as a "session," is $150. Classes last about 45 minutes and are held in either our outdoor or indoor arenas.
- Scholarships are available to help offset the cost of lessons. However, funds are limited. Ask us about applications and availability.
- Every 7th week, the Ranch has a "Break Week," or a week off from lessons. Riders return the following week and begin the next session.
- Lessons are filled on a first-come, first-served basis as paperwork is received, based on your time and day preferences.